Research area : Strategic planning in tourism
Project manager : Ph.D. Renata Tomljenović
Implementation period : 09/2017. – 12/2019.
Project “SeasonReady - Work-based learning for seasonal hospitality workers” aimed at developing an effective and sustainable framework for continued education and training of seasonally employed workers in, primarily, small and medium, tourism enterprises. SeasonReady was a 24-month (September 2017- 2019) EU co-funded project under the Erasmus+ programme. It brought together six partners from three EU countries (Croatia, Italy and Greece). The project was coordinated by the Institute for Tourism in Zagreb, Croatia. The partnership combined institutions with expertise in professional skills development and tourism education. The specific objectives of the SeasonReady project were to:
- assist enterprises in the development of motivated, skilled, confident and dependable workers in three key areas of hospitality – front-line operations, food and beverages services and housekeeping,
- develop a training methodology based on the principles of work-based learning adaptable to local and regional context,
- assist potential in-house trainers to develop skills and training techniques to ensure training is effective to both employees and employers,
- provide seasonal workers with the proper mix of skills, knowledge and attitudes required for a job in hospitality sector,
- provide recommendations to stakeholders for the further development of a sustainable WBL methodology in HSME at regional and national level.